Firefighters rescue home occupant trapped on second floor in Hamden fire

New Haven

HAMDEN, Conn. (WTNH) — The Hamden Fire Department responded to a house fire on Beechwood Avenue overnight Monday.

Fire officials said the call came in at around 2:30 a.m. Monday.

Upon arrival, responders found a person leaning out of a second-floor window. Firefighters were able to get a ladder up to the window and get the trapped person out.

The person was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Fire officials said the fire started in the living room. The fire is under the investigation of the Fire Marshal’s Office.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

'We are tired': Waterbury's ER workers frustrated about the Delta variant spreading among the unvaccinated

News /

First black female-owned brewery in CT being honored at New Haven Museum

News /

Businesses brace for COVID restrictions

News /

New Haven Fire Department responding to 2-alarm fire on Ellsworth Ave.

News /

Last CT resident in church sanctuary gets 1 year stay of removal from ICE

News /

Nyberg: Bloom in New Haven is a community center reimagined

News /
More New Haven

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss