DERBY, Conn. (WTNH) - Calling all men! Griffin Hospital is looking for your best mustaches and facial hair!
Each year, the facility hosts a "MO"vember photo contest during which all of November, people can submit their best looking facial hair (real or fake).
Men who enter their photos by November 30 will be entered to win a variety of prizes, ranging from sporting event tickets to restaurant gift certificates.
Related Content: East Hartford police to take part in 'No-Shave November'
It's all part of their Health Initiative for Men, which brings awareness for male health screening and education. It also raises funds for the cause.
“In the U.S, men die five years earlier than women on average, and for largely preventable reasons,” said Griffin Hospital Chief Medical Officer Frederick Browne, M.D. “According to statistics, 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime, testicular cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in young men, and 3 out of 4 suicides are committed by men. These statistics show just how much the men’s health crisis needs our attention.”
You are encouraged to email your best "MO" to email@example.com.
For more information on Griffin's Health Initiative for Men, click here.
- Former Toys R Us workers to get $20M in hardship fund
- CVS to close on multi-billion dollar acquisition with Aetna after Thanksgiving
- Gingerbread house rises at Mohegan Sun
- Politics of pot becomes more potent as sales begin in Mass.
- Can television shows increase risk of suicide for teens?
- Texas fugitive from justice apprehended in Waterford
- Report: Private yards could help Navy with submarine repairs
It may not be busier than normal outside the mall right now but by the time you get out for Black Friday shopping this place is going to be a mob scene.Read More »
- Malloy activating Connecticut's Severe Cold Weather Protocol
- Thanksgiving Day Football games rescheduled ahead of extreme cold
- Clear and cool Tuesday evening, severe cold and wind on the way for Thanksgiving
- Thursday snowstorm causes hundreds of crashes around Connecticut
- Rain to come overnight, stay for morning commute
- Wet snow makes for slippery sidewalks, difficult shoveling
- Winter storm leaves slippery road conditions
Frank Lockwood and his pal Ryan Broderick, are about to realize their dream.Read More »
CVS Health Corp. expects to close on its $69 billion acquisition of Aetna...Read More »
A fugitive from justice was apprehended in Waterford on Tuesday.Read More »
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
A government report recommends the Navy give more submarine repair work to...Read More »
The "all clear" has been given after students at Western Connecticut State University in Danbury were told to 'shelter in place' for three hours following a report of a gunman on the Westside Campus Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
With bitter cold on the way for the state later in the week, Governor Dannel Malloy announced that he is activating the state's Severe Cold Weather Protocol.Read More »