LIVE NOW /
Watch Good Morning Connecticut

Hamden crews responds to house fire

New Haven
fire engine truck lights_72517

Three people were displaced from their home after the Hamden Fire Department was dispatched to a report of smoke on Thursday. 

According to fire officials, a fire occurred in a home on 86 Warren Street.

A woman saw the smoke and immediately called 911. Hamden rescue arrived at the scene and reported a working kitchen fire.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire, but reported heavy fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the home.

There were three residents displaced and no injuries reported.

Fire Marshal Brian Dolan determined a stovetop burner left on as the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss