HAMDEN, Conn. (WTNH) — Hamden first responders were on scene of a garage fire early Friday morning.
Hamden firefighters were dispatched to Stanley Road just before 3:00 a.m. Friday.
One of the people in the house woke up to smoke in the bedroom, and discovered a vehicle engine was on fire in the garage.
Everyone evacuated the house safely and there were no injuries.
Fire officials say the fire was knocked down by 3:33 a.m. Crews had to clear out the heavy smoke that spread into the house.
Eight people were displaced from the house.
Police remind residents to install working smoke detectors on each level of their home.