HAMDEN, Conn. (WTNH) - A man in Hamden is under arrest after police say an argument over a 1-year-old child turned violent.
Officers were called to a home on Pinerock Avenue back in November for a report of a domestic dispute.
They discovered that 24-year Patrick Whitfield punched the mother of his child several times before choking and dragging her. Officials say Whitfield also took the victim's cell phone.
Whitefield also allegedly threw an object at the victim, which nearly struck the infant. He fled from the home prior to the time police arrived.
Investigators say the mother suffered injuries to her neck and face.
Police arrested Whitfield on Monday. He's facing numerous charges stemming from the November incident. He is also facing charges from a separate case for failing to appear in court.
He was held on a $40,000 bond.
- Trump to meet with Pelosi, Schumer over looming shutdown
- No jail time for ex-Baylor student accused of sex assault
- Social Media Powers a Personal Look-Back at 2018
- Cromwell superintendent placed on paid administrative leave amid misconduct claim
- Danbury man charged with sexually assaulting child
- Lawsuit filed over fatal Army helicopter crash in Maryland
- An Apple Watch told a 46-year-old man he had an irregular heartbeat. It was right.
- American Meteorological Society Report: Climate change causing extreme weather
- Bright and chilly Monday, rain possible later this week
- North Carolina, Virginia hit by 'mammoth' winter storm, hours of snow and ice still to come
- Cold and cloudy Sunday afternoon
- Flurries, snow showers possible on Thursday night
- Cold, more clouds Wednesday afternoon
- Colder weather late Tuesday afternoon
The superintendent of schools in Cromwell has been placed on paid...Read More »
A 39-year-old man was arrested in Danbury on Friday for allegedly sexually...Read More »
The widow of an Army specialist killed in a Black Hawk helicopter crash in...Read More »
Ryan Kristafer takes you on a shopping adventure along Main Street in...Read More »
When Ed Dentel updated his Apple Watch on Thursday night, he didn't expect it to upend his weekend, much less change his life.Read More »
Time magazine's 2018 person of the year are the "guardians and the war on truth."Read More »
As Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election inches closer to the President, approval of Donald Trump's handling of the investigation has fallen, matching its all-time low in CNN polling. The findings, from a new CRead More »