Kitchen fire displaces three Hamden apartment residents

New Haven

HAMDEN, Conn. (WTNH) — A kitchen fire damaged a unit at the Broadmoor Apartments on Mix Avenue in Hamden Thursday evening.

Fire officials said a pot with cooking oil boiled over, catching fire. The entire complex had to evacuate for about an hour.

The fire was contained to just one unit, and The Red Cross is assisting the three residents who were displaced. No one was hurt.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

“Weirdos” are welcome at a unique Milford store for fans of horror, sci-fi, and all things creepy!

News /

FULL INTERVIEW: News 8 speaks to Quinnipiac students about issues most important to them in this year's election

News /

On the path to Sainthood: Big weekend coming to honor a CT priest with ties to New Haven, Waterbury

News /

Hamden High School students to go remote until Nov. 3 after positive COVID-19 test

News /

Father McGivney's impact on CT families: Road to beatification

News /

Two sent to hospital after ‘major’ crash on Shepard Ave. in Hamden

News /
More New Haven

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss