MADISON, Conn. (WTNH) - It's an ongoing problem in Madison: Cars passing school buses.
Superintendent Thomas Scarice posted on Facebook on Wednesday saying it's happening a lot when students are being picked up and dropped off.
Scarice is working with the police department and bus company to crack down on violators.
The fine for passing a school bus is $465.
Repeat offenders could face even more fines and jail time.
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.
Car fire closes Route 15 southbound...
Man arrested in New Haven shooting...
- Car fire closes part of Route 15 southbound in Stratford: Police
- Body found in Connecticut River in Glastonbury
- Facebook Famous Criminal turns himself in, police say
- Ducklings rescued from storm drain in Newington
- Man arrested in New Haven shooting that left another man seriously injured
- These female fish get sad if you stick them with a tank partner they don't like
- Hartford Police investigate shooting on Windsor Street, 2 victims involved
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- A few early showers Wednesday morning
A local featherweight boxer is training for a pivotal fight at the end of the...Read More »
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Officials have confirmed that part of Route 15 in Stratford between Exits 53...Read More »
The Facebook Famous Criminal has turned themselves in on Wednesday, according...Read More »
Some of the biggest names in golf will be taking part in the 2019 Travelers Championship. Wednesday is an entire day of fun before the pro golfers tee off in the Celebrity Pro-Am at the TPC River Highlands in Cromwell.Read More »
Former top White House adviser Hope Hicks is refusing to answer questions related to her time in the White House in an interview with the House Judiciary Committee, according to several frustrated Democrats who have been in the meeting.Read More »
Hartford police are investigating a shooting that took place early Wednesday morning in the Windsor Street area.Read More »