Milford gas leak and fire sends one worker to hospital for severe burns

New Haven

(File/Getty)

MILFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — A gas leak Monday morning sent one landscaping worker to the hospital for severe burn injuries.

At around 9 a.m. a truck fire and gas leak was reported at 500 Bic Drive in Milford. Three fire engines and an ambulance were dispatched to Building 4 on Bic Street.

A landscaper struck the gas piping around the building, immediately igniting and causing severe burns to the person. They were treated on the scene and transported to the Bridgeport Hospital Burn Center.

300 people in surrounding buildings were evacuated and the gas pipe was shut off by Southern CT Gas Company to avoid further gas leakage.

Building 4 on Bic Street has damage to the exterior and some smoke damage inside.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

Kick off Father's Day with some exercise at the Annual Milford Moves for Veterans 5K Run & Walk

News /

Avelo Airlines to send $1.2 million to Tweed Airport for terminal improvements

News /

News 8 gives back to Boys & Girls Club of New Haven for Nexstar 'Founder's Day of Caring'

News /

East mountain neighborhood association reacts to racist letter sent to new resident

News /

Vigil held for New Haven 21-year-old man shot, killed Tuesday night

News /

Two Connecticut residents test positive for Powassan virus

News /
More New Haven

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss