LIVE NOW /
Watch News 8 at 8pm

Officials can’t determine cause of fatal mobile home fire

New Haven

NAUGATUCK, Conn. (AP) – Fire officials in Connecticut say they were not able to determine the exact cause of a mobile home fire that killed a man last month.

Naugatuck Fire Marshal Robert Weaver told the Republican-American (http://bit.ly/2nXehjW) on Monday that investigators weren’t able to single out an ignition source because of the heavy damage caused by the Jan. 26 blaze.Original Story: One man dead after mobile home catches fire in Naugatuck

Authorities say 58-year-old Paul Kingman Jr. died of smoke inhalation, while two other people living in the mobile home were able to escape.

Weaver says the fire started in Kingman’s bedroom, where there was a space heater and electrical cords. Weaver says Kingman smoked, which could have been another possible cause.

Weaver says there’s no evidence of arson.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

'Listen to your grandmother': Naugatuck grandmas use social media to try and save Halloween

News /

Meriden opens affordable housing development

News /

New Haven opens new housing units in what used to be city's worst housing projects

News /

85 North Haven middle school students in quarantine after positive case of COVID-19

News /

Do you feel comfortable supporting Donald Trump?

News /

What will you do to stimulate the economy to cover the immediate crisis, which also includes helping local government, and then bring jobs back?

News /
More New Haven

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss