According to officials, just before 2:00 a.m., a woman from Hamden was crossing Dixwell Avenue near Morse Street when she was struck in the right northbound lane by a dark-colored SUV.
Police say the vehicle continued northbound on Dixwell Avenue.
A witness described the SUV to police as a green 2006 or 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer with passenger side front end damage.
The victim was transported to Yale New Haven Hospital for surgery. Officials say she died later that morning.
Her identity has not been released.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 203-281-8222.
- 3 infants, 2 adults stabbed at suspected birthing center: Officials
- Japan space rovers lowered to asteroid to collect data
- Friday Marks 80 Years Since the Hurricane of 1938
- How household cleaners could be impacting your child's health
- California makes people ask for straws, sodas with kid meals
- Hotplates, heaters to be given residents after gas disaster
- Seymour Man Earns Slot on U.S. Pizza Team
After unprecedented damage in the southeast from Hurricane Florence, News 8 has teamed up with the American Red Cross and Shop Rite of East Haven to help raise funds for disaster relief.Read More »
- Trump to visit Carolinas on Wednesday
- Cooper: Florence a 'monumental disaster' for NC
- Showers moving out of state during Tuesday evening commute
- SAD UPDATE: Body recovered of 1-year-old baby that was swept away in NC floodwaters
- Death toll rises to 11 as Florence pours on the rain
- Florence pours on the rain in the Carolinas; death toll at 5
- Bright start then cloudy finish to Monday before rain from Florence arrives
Three babies were among five people stabbed at a suspected birthing center in...Read More »
Everyday cleaning products could be affecting childhood obesity.Read More »
Hotplates and space heaters will be distributed to thousands of Massachusetts...Read More »
Three babies were among five people stabbed at a suspected birthing center in New York City early Friday, police and officials said.Read More »