(WTNH) - New Haven Police are investigating a shooting on Willow Street late Thursday night into early Friday morning.
Police blocked off Willow Street to investigate a shooting on 85 Willow Street in New Haven around midnight.
News 8 has confirmation from officials that around 50 - 100 people gathered for a party in the area.
A fight then broke out with around 20 - 25 people involved, leading to a 17-year-old New Haven man getting shot in the shoulder and 15-year-old girl getting injured by glass fragments. Both were transferred to a hospital for treatment.
The shooting appears unrelated to the protest that took place the same night.
Police are still investigating and are on scene.
Anyone who witnessed the shooting is urged to call the New Haven Police Department Detective Bureau at 203-946-6304. Callers may remain anonymous.
- Connecticut National Guard members returning from deployment
- Middletown holds first ever Pride parade
- Hartford PD hosts gun buyback event
- Search for possible drowning victim in Connecticut River being suspended
- Hartford: Firefighters respond to residential fire on Capen Street
- UPDATE: Target registers back online after system shuts down nationwide
- Flights resume at Newark Airport after United flight skids off runway
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Lots of clouds, scattered showers for Father's Day weekend
Members of the Connecticut Army National Guard are coming home from...Read More »
The search for a possible drowning victim in the Connecticut River is being...Read More »