A popular restaurant in New Haven is shutting down. Caseus will close its doors next Saturday night.
The owner says he's closing because he wants to pursue new projects, and spend more time with his family.
He says a new business coming to the spot will be announced in the next few weeks.
It will be a collaboration between the owner and two of his longtime chefs.
Caseus owner Jason Sobocinski posted a message to Facebook that reads in part:
Caseus Fromagerie & Bistro will have its last service on Saturday July 21st 2018. After 10+ years of an amazing run, I've made the decision to close Caseus to pursue other projects and most importantly devote more time to raising my three young children and of course seeing my wife every now and then. Over the last decade, Caseus has served New Haven with passion, love, and true thoughtfulness. For me, personally, I am ready to see something new take its place and thrive. The foundation of what Caseus has been and always will be the community, our community, that we serve, the people who work to make us so exceptional and the deep respect for the ingredients we use.
- North Carolina gov pleads with storm evacuees to be patient
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies
- Lawsuit filed against gas company after Massachusetts blasts
- Officials in Middletown seek federal funding to fix collapsing wall along Connecticut River
- Michael Jordan donates $2M for hurricane relief in NC
- Hamden Police Bust Alleged Stolen Car Thief
- Trump to visit Carolinas on Wednesday
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Cooper: Florence a 'monumental disaster' for NC
- Showers moving out of state during Tuesday evening commute
- SAD UPDATE: Body recovered of 1-year-old baby that was swept away in NC floodwaters
- Death toll rises to 11 as Florence pours on the rain
- Florence pours on the rain in the Carolinas; death toll at 5
- Bright start then cloudy finish to Monday before rain from Florence arrives
- Caught on Cam: Boy rescued from water during rip current warning
The National Weather Service says a microburst, not a tornado, caused damage...Read More »
Lawyers filed a class action lawsuit Tuesday on behalf of people who were...Read More »
Harbor Park is one of the jewels of Middletown, showcasing the beauty of the...Read More »
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
New Haven Police responded to a car fire at a gas station Tuesday night.Read More »
Officials at Sesame Workshop are denying the claim of a former writer that said the classic characters Bert and Ernie are more than close friends.Read More »
The National Weather Service says a microburst, not a tornado, caused damage in a town near Boston as the remnants of Hurricane Florence brought strong winds and heavy rains to New England.Read More »