SEYMOUR, Conn. (WTNH) — Emergency crews responded to Seymour on Wednesday morning for the report of a propane leak.
Around 10 a.m., residents in the area of Garden Street reported smelling propane outside. When emergency crews arrived, they determined that an underground 1,000-gallon tank was leaking propane.
Three homes were evacuated. The residents are now allowed to return to their homes.
Around noon, officials said the situation is under control and crews are doing a controlled burn of the propane. The scene was cleared at around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The fire department was on the scene with Oxford and Beacon Falls units that provided mutual aid.
“It is our goal to have the rest of the product burned off this evening so tenants can return,” Seymour’s fire marshal said.