The accident is cleared and the DOT is repairing a damaged guardrail.
Officials say a vehicle being operated by 41-year-old Bridgeport man was traveling behind another car being driven by a 41-year-old man from New York. The Bridgeport man's vehicle struck the vehicle in front of it, sending it into the guardrail before it came to rest against a tree stump and caught fire. The other vehicle crashed into several cut trees and stumps before stopping.
The driver from Bridgeport was ejected from the vehicle but only suffered a minor injury. The operator of the other vehicle also has a possible injury.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Consultants say $150M could be earned if Tweed expands runway
- Customs finds 70 finches in hair rollers
- Butterflies, Sock Skating and Fun at the Connecticut Science Center
- Teen arrested following school threat in New Britain
- Pilot seriously injured after military jet crash off Hawaii
- Mayor Harp opens New Haven Holiday Village
- Strasbourg shooting suspect killed by police, Paris authorities say
Watch for some slick spots after a little snowfall on Thursday. Get the latest forecast from Storm Team 8.Read More »
- Snow showers possible Thursday
- More clouds later as cold Tuesday continues
- American Meteorological Society Report: Climate change causing extreme weather
- Bright and chilly Monday, rain possible later this week
- North Carolina, Virginia hit by 'mammoth' winter storm, hours of snow and ice still to come
- Cold and cloudy Sunday afternoon
- Flurries, snow showers possible on Thursday night
Consultants are recommending the state get rid of its restrictions on the...Read More »
Ryan Kristafer takes you to the Connecticut Science Center to check out their...Read More »
Officials in New Britain investigated a bomb threat made on social media...Read More »
Fire crews in Hamden said a dog died and people were displaced after a fire...Read More »
What's Right With Schools: Sunset Ridge Middle School prepares students for society's toughest tests
The hallways might look the same, but learning is a little different at Sunset Ridge Middle School in East Hartford.Read More »
Consultants are recommending the state get rid of its restrictions on the length of Tweed airport's runway. A letter was sent by that firm to Tweed's board of directors Wednesday, saying the community is losing tens of millions of dollars by failinRead More »
Del Monte Foods is recalling thousands of cases of Fiesta Corn Seasoned with Red & Green Peppers, due to under-processing.Read More »