Tesla held a ribbon cutting for the new Supercharger station at the Connecticut Post Mall Friday morning.
Tesla says it is the largest of its charging stations on the east coast with 14 charging stalls.
The charging stations are going in even through you can't legally buy a Tesla in Connecticut because Tesla sells directly to consumers without using dealerships.
Tesla is trying to get a law passed here to make that legal.
"This is inline with our mission to accelerate the world into a sustainable energy future. And to do that, we need to help people to purchase and drive electric vehicles. So independent of the legislation up in Hartford, we know that we have a duty to serve our customers both here in Connecticut and in the surrounding states," said Will Nicholas of Tesla.
Tesla says it wants to coexist with car dealers in Connecticut and they are looking to add jobs in Connecticut not take them away.
- State Troopers, Southbury police seek car break-in victims
- Candidate forum taking place in New Haven Sunday afternoon
- Trump back in Scotland to prepare for Putin talks
- Thai boys trapped in a cave mourn Navy SEAL who died during rescue
- Jaguar escapes habitat at Audubon Zoo, kills 6 animals
- Senator Blumenthal speaks about judge's landmark ruling against Trump immigration policy
- PD: North Haven man charged with 2 counts of manslaughter
- How to escape a rip current
- Scattered showers and thunderstorms to wrap up Friday afternoon
- Oppressive heat wave continues
- EPA: Poor air quality expected for Connecticut on Tuesday
- Staying safe in the summer heat
- Connecticut Children's Medical Center reminds parents to watch for kids in hot cars
- Connecticut residents keep cool in blazing heat
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Connecticut State Troopers and Southbury police are seeking recent victims of...Read More »
News 8 is your local election headquarters.Read More »
A landmark decision by a federal judge in Bridgeport strikes a blow to...Read More »
One North Haven man is facing multiple charges.Read More »
Connecticut Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro wants more information about the...Read More »
Back in 2010, Susan Bysiewicz lost her bid for attorney general when it was discovered she was not qualified to be the state's top prosecutor.Read More »
Mark Davis has been covering Connecticut's race for governor. Hear what he had to say after the two sides held debates last week.Read More »
We are officially less than one month away from the Aug. 14 primaries.Read More »