WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - A former Connecticut postal clerk has pleaded guilty to federal charges that she stole numerous packages and greeting cards that she suspected would contain gift cards or cash.Postal worker from West Haven charged with theft after allegedly stealing mail
Prosecutors say that during 2016 and early 2017, the West Haven postal clerk took items from the mail stream or removed items of value from letters before sending the mail on its way.
Authorities say after confronting Guity, they found 35 greeting cards and other mail in her car and recovered five packages containing cellphones.
Guity is free on $25,000 bond pending her sentencing, which is scheduled for October.
- Fire breaks out at home in Torrington
- Victims of car break-ins in Wallingford band together
- Four people rescued after boat capsizes in Niantic Bay
- Body found in river, police investigating
- Public invited to submit nominations for human rights prize
- School officials due back in court in fight club case
- Boaters offered tips to prevent spread of invasion species
News 8 was crisscrossing the state since the storms began early Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Storms cause travel nightmare for thousands across the East Coast
- Tuesday thunderstorms cause damage, knock out power around Connecticut
- Report-It Photo Gallery: July 17, 2018 Thunderstorms
- Tuesday storm knocks out power for hundreds across Connecticut
- Wet weather to linger until around midnight, sunshine returns Wednesday
- Showers, downpours possible Sunday evening
- How to escape a rip current
Volunteers in Waterbury rolled up their sleeves and did their part to help...Read More »
Victims of car break-ins in the town of Wallingford are coming together....Read More »
A Good Samaritan and the Coast Guard rescued four people after their boat...Read More »