STONINGTON, Conn. (WTNH) — A woman is dead and two injured after a fire Wednesday morning in Pawcatuck, according to Stonington police.

Crews were called to the fire, located on Moss Street, at about 9:30 a.m. Two people and a cat were able to get out of the home. They were taken to a hospital for smoke inhalation, and have been released.

At the scene, the two surviving residents said they did not know if the third person was home. Crews then went in and discovered the body.

On Thursday, officials identified the victim as 58-year-old Diane Mary Gillece. Her cause of death has been declared thermal injuries of airway and body surfaces, pending investigation.

The fire was mostly contained in the kitchen. Police said it does not appear suspicious.