NORWICH, Conn. (WTNH) - An 8-year-old child was seriously injured after being hit by a car Saturday morning in Norwich.
Norwich Police, Fire, and EMS responded to the area of North Main Street and Central Avenue for a report of a car versus pedestrian accident.
Emergency crews discovered the pedestrian on the scene to be an 8-year-old child with a serious leg injury.
The child was transported to Backus Hospital for treatment. There is no word on the current condition of the victim.
At 1:30pm Saturday, a section of North Main Street between 12th Street and Central Avenue reopened to traffic after being closed for a short time.
Police continue to investigate.
Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is asked to contact Norwich Police Department at (860) 886-5561.
This is a developing story. News 8 will bring you any updates as they become available.
- Kleenex to rebrand 'mansize' tissues after gender complaints
- Sheriff: Missing Wisconsin girl's parents were shot to death
- Trump's Russia attorney shifts to become White House counsel
- West Hartford firefighters help deliver newborn
- Search continues for suspect in Middletown shooting
- Body recovered from river in Windham
- Candidates stay on campaign script in latest debate
(WTNH) - A widespread FROST/FREEZE scenario to start Friday, but milder weather returns for Friday afternoon and Saturday with daytime highs near 60 and overnight lows 40's/50's. Another cold front brings the windy and chilly weather back for Sunday and Monday.Read More »
- Connecticut Red Cross volunteer in Florida describes heartbreaking scenes following hurricane
- Hurricane is blamed for 16 deaths in Florida alone
- Evacuations for 'disastrous' Llano, Colorado River flooding in Texas
- Early snow blankets much of Kansas
- Searches intensify after body is found in Michael's wake
- 'It was life or death': Face-to-face with Michael's fury
- How you can help survivors in the wake of Hurricane Michael
Police responded to a report of a person shot in the face. The suspect fled...Read More »
"It means giving people a chance."Read More »
The UConn football team travels to South Florida this weekend to face the 20th ranked Bulls.Read More »
Kleenex will re-brand its "Mansize" tissues after consumers complained the name was sexist — touching off a social media conversation about what's in a name.Read More »