The fire happened at Atlantic City Linen Supply New England at around 3:00.
A worker leaving the property told News 8 off camera that the fire was in the ceiling and as soon as it was seen, an alarm was activated. She said they were able to put it out quickly and the people coming in for their shift right now are expected to go to work.
At this point there appears to be only one fire truck on site.
The company provides laundry service for hotels in the area.
A firefighter tells News 8 this was a lint fire up in the duct work near the ceiling. While it wasn’t easy to get to, they were able to put out the fire. He says they’ve been here before for fires like this. You can imagine the big dryers they use and the amount of lint they produce.