Man burned after stove fire breaks out in New London apartment

New London

NEW LONDON, Conn. (WTNH) — A man is being treated for burns after he was hurt during an apartment fire in New London on Tuesday night.

The fire started around 6:30 p.m. at an apartment complex on Michael Road.

According to the fire marshal, the fire was caused by unattended food on the stove. The stove fire caused the victim to sustain multiple burns.

The unidentified man was taken to Lawrence + Memorial Hospital for treatment. His condition is unknown.

Firefighters said the apartment sustained significant damage.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Pandemic leads to WIC concerns for families grocery shopping

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Pandemic leads to WIC concerns for families grocery shopping"

Siblings make 402 'snack packs' for hospital employees during coronavirus outbreak

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Siblings make 402 'snack packs' for hospital employees during coronavirus outbreak"

Officials warns against flushing wipes down the toilet

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Officials warns against flushing wipes down the toilet"

For $59 you can help name Mystic Aquarium's new penguin chick

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "For $59 you can help name Mystic Aquarium's new penguin chick"

Niantic family spreads joy by setting up Christmas, Halloween displays outside their home

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Niantic family spreads joy by setting up Christmas, Halloween displays outside their home"

Shoreline towns urge people traveling from NY to summer homes to quarantine for 14 days

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Shoreline towns urge people traveling from NY to summer homes to quarantine for 14 days"
More New London

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss