We now know what made some kids at a prom in Groton sick over the weekend.
Saturday night, emergency crews were sent to the Mystic Marriott in Groton, where Stonington High School was holding its senior prom.
A number of kids reported feeling sick and that there was a strange smell in the ballroom.
Original Story: Airborne irritant sends 3 to hospital at Connecticut prom
Police said Wednesday evening someone accidentally set off a container of pepper spray at the dance.
They said it was an accident and no kids were hurt.
They don’t expect criminal charges to be filed.
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.