The 43-year-old Johnson was fired from his job at Ballo Italian Restaurant in Mohegan Sun when the alleged thefts came to light.
Tribal police say Johnson would void items on bills that had been paid in cash, then pocket the difference. He allegedly told police he put some of the money in bartenders' tip jars, but used the rest for family expenses.
His public defender did not return a call for comment.
- Bette Midler to perform at Oscars
- Sen. Blumenthal to unveil new bill to prevent animal cruelty
- Brothers tell police 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett paid them to orchestrate and stage attack
- White House indicates Trump to veto disapproval of emergency
- Snow, sleet cause slick road conditions for morning commute
- 6th grader arrested after not standing for Pledge of Allegiance
- Naugatuck police conducting internal investigation regarding lieutenant's Facebook posts
You know, it seems like such a no-brainer after a storm. You go outside, you shovel the driveway and sidewalk and, finally, you clear your car of snow and ice. Unfortunately, that's not always the case.Read More »
- Report-It Recap: Connecticut cleans up from Tuesday snow storm
- Monitoring the roads on Tuesday evening in one of our Storm Team 8 Mobile Weather Labs
- Crews in North Haven ready for winter weather on Tuesday
- Cities, towns around state preparing for another winter storm
- Connecticut cities and towns prepare for Tuesday's winter storm
- 2018 was 4th warmest, but next 5 years could break records
- Snow/sleet/rain mix to kick off work week
It's a slick ride if you're heading out on the roads this Monday morning.Read More »
Police in Naugatuck are launching an internal affairs investigation regarding...Read More »
A Connecticut State Trooper and Colebrook residents came together to corral a...Read More »