According to officials, 73-year-old Carol Belli has been arrested and charged with DUI.
Authorities said around 8:05 p.m., units responded to the Route 27 and Rossie Pentway intersection after a collision between a vehicle and two pedestrians.
At the scene, police learned that two people, an 88-year-old man and a 78-year-old woman, were crossing the street when the vehicle struck them.
Related Content: Two pedestrians struck and killed by vehicle in Stonington
The pedestrians were transported to a local hospital where they were pronounced dead.
Belli was taken to police headquarters where she was processed and released on a $600 non-surety bond.
She is scheduled to appear in court on March 20th.
- Father of Sandy Hook Victim Found Dead Outside of Former Newtown Town Hall
- Road Re-Opens After Tanker Truck Rollover Closes Road in Derby
- Yale University rescinds admission of student after college admissions scandal
- One Woman Dead After House Fire in Windham
- PD: Driver arrested after pedestrian struck in Milford
- 2nd Parkland teen dies from apparent suicide in less than a week, authorities say
- Sen. Murphy to discuss impact of Trump administration's budget proposal
Winter 2019 has come and is pretty much gone for Connecticut.Read More »
- Springtime allergies return as weather warms up
- Brief shower early Monday, followed by more sun midday
- On this day, the blizzard of 1888 swept Connecticut off its feet
- Connecticut State Police ready to assist during winter storm
- Connecticut residents ready for winter storm on Sunday night
- Travelers prepared as snowy March storm moves across Connecticut
- Lt. Gov. says Connecticut is ready for round 2 of snow
Ryan Kristafer recaps the first round of Hollywood auditions on American...Read More »
Newtown Police Department have confirmed the death of Jeremy Richman father...Read More »
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The road has re-opened after a tanker truck rollover has caused road closures...Read More »
Yale University has rescinded the admission of one student as a result of the...Read More »