Woman suffers ‘significant’ burns after stove fire in New London

New London
Capture_1556610401512.JPG

NEW LONDON, Conn. (WTNH) – At 7:36 p.m. Sunday evening the New London Fire Department received a report of a kitchen fire at 175 Oneco Avenue in New London.

First arriving companies arrived on scene and found the kitchen had suffered damage from a stove fire in the residence.

The building was ventilated to remove smoke from the house while ensuring the fire was extinguished and had not spread.

The three occupants of the house were outside on the lawn upon arrival. One female occupant sustained significant burns from the fire and was transported to Lawrence and Memorial Hospital.

One male occupant also sustained minor burns and refused treatment on scene.

The third occupant was a young child who was uninjured in the incident.  

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss