VERNON, Conn. (WTNH) - Emergency crews in Vernon are responding to a serious accident.
Officials are responding to the area of 1100 Hartford Turnpike.
Vernon Police Dispatch say Route 30 has been shutdown as a result of the crash.
Officials say a car and a tractor trailer (with no trailer on the back of the rig) collided. The driver of the car has been brought to Hartford Hospital by ambulance, and is in critical condition.
Vernon fire put Life Star on "standby" as a precaution. However, Life Star tells News 8 that they have not responded to the scene.
This is a developing story. News 8 will bring you any updates as they become available.
- East Hartford man in custody following Hartford bank robbery
- Walmart, UHart rank among Uber's most popular CT destinations
- Ellen DeGeneres considering ending her talk show
- Sting uses fake Amazon boxes, GPS to catch would-be thieves
- Lakeside Boulevard reopens in Waterbury following water main break
- State fights Komisarjevsky's request for new trial
- 3 found alive inside West Virginia coal mine
(WTNH) - Some flurries or a few snow showers possible across Connecticut on Thursday with low to no impact. The next storm will drag mild air our way for rain Friday Night-Saturday. We have our NEWS 8 toy drive at the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford 10AM-Noon Saturday the 15th! Looking forward to seeing many of you out there! Unsettled weather continues Sunday and early next week!!! Stay Tuned!!!Read More »
- More clouds later as cold Tuesday continues
- American Meteorological Society Report: Climate change causing extreme weather
- Bright and chilly Monday, rain possible later this week
- North Carolina, Virginia hit by 'mammoth' winter storm, hours of snow and ice still to come
- Cold and cloudy Sunday afternoon
- Flurries, snow showers possible on Thursday night
- Cold, more clouds Wednesday afternoon
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Police in Hartford have made an arrest following a downtown bank robbery...Read More »
A water main break impacted several homes in Waterbury on Wednesday morning.Read More »
He is one of the most infamous killers in Connecticut history, and the state...Read More »
Christmas was coming a little bit early on Wednesday at Yale New Haven...Read More »
Rep. Nancy Pelosi all but ensured Wednesday that she will become House speaker next month, quelling a revolt by disgruntled younger Democrats by agreeing to limit her tenure to no more than four additional years in the chamber's top post.Read More »
The Branford girls team playing Masuk in Shelton. Branford's Sophia Caturano with a fast start.Read More »