STORRS, Conn. (WTNH) — A gas leak located on the campus of University of Connecticut has been reported by officials on Wednesday.
UPDATE: The hazardous situation has been resolved. Normal operations have resumed.
According to officials, UConn emergency services were notified of the gas line rupture shortly after 9 a.m. Wednesday during construction near the baseball facility along Calhoun Way.
Since the area was under construction, the road was already closed and students that have recently moved into the Hilltop Apartments nearby were temporarily evacuated.
Connecticut Natural Gas was called in to shut off the gas. No injuries were reported. Work is underway to repair the underground line.
ORIGINAL: UConn officials say to avoid the baseball hitting and pitching facility on Calhoun Way in Storrs due to a gas leak that occurred Wednesday morning.
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.