Willimantic firefighters extinguish fire in small barn

Windham
12_10 Willimantic barn fire.jpg

Willimantic fire crews were called to a fire at a small barn on Monday night.

Around 9:45 p.m., firefighters tweeted out that they were responding to 300 Walnut Street for the fire.

According to officials, chickens and rabbits were housed inside.

A few minutes later, crews said the fire was under control and that they were overhauling the structure.

At this time, it is not known what sparked the flames.

Officials did not say if any of the animals perished in the fire.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss