WATERTOWN, Conn. (WTNH)-- Police in Watertown are looking for the man who stole plow controllers from a business last month.
Police say on December 20th, just after 11:30 a.m., video surveillance footage captured a man entering the property at Proe's Services at 1500 Echo Lake Road. The man broke the locks on the business's trucks that contained the Fisher "V Plow" controls. The plow controllers are the devices that are used inside the trucks by the operator so they can operate the plow.
Police say once the man got all the locks off, he went into the trucks and stole the controls, which are valued at about $300 each. The suspect then left the lot around 11:43 a.m. in newer model, dark blue, Buick. The car had a temporary plate in the rear window and there was a passenger in the front seat who never exited the car.
Police describe the suspect as a white male with a large build, wearing a green hooded sweatshirt with a logo on the left chest, blue jeans and boots. Anyone with information on the suspect is urged to contact Watertown police at 860-945-5200.
- Fire breaks out at home in Torrington
- Victims of car break-ins in Wallingford band together
- Four people rescued after boat capsizes in Niantic Bay
- Body found in river, police investigating
- Public invited to submit nominations for human rights prize
- School officials due back in court in fight club case
- Boaters offered tips to prevent spread of invasion species
News 8 was crisscrossing the state since the storms began early Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Storms cause travel nightmare for thousands across the East Coast
- Tuesday thunderstorms cause damage, knock out power around Connecticut
- Report-It Photo Gallery: July 17, 2018 Thunderstorms
- Tuesday storm knocks out power for hundreds across Connecticut
- Wet weather to linger until around midnight, sunshine returns Wednesday
- Showers, downpours possible Sunday evening
- How to escape a rip current
Volunteers in Waterbury rolled up their sleeves and did their part to help...Read More »
Victims of car break-ins in the town of Wallingford are coming together....Read More »
A Good Samaritan and the Coast Guard rescued four people after their boat...Read More »