FLOWOOD, Miss. (WNCN) – Two Mississippi men are facing felony charges after police said they used glue to attach winning numbers to a lottery ticket in an attempt to win $100,000.
Odis Latham, 47, and Russell Sparks, 48, both of Columbus, Mississippi, used super glue to attach winning numbers to a losing ticket, police said.
They attempted to cash the ticket on Monday, the Mississippi Lottery said.
The Flowood Police Department said both men have been charged with conspiracy to commit a felony and uttering counterfeit instrument over $1,000.
Latham was also charged with false identifying information.
Both suspects are being held at the Rankin County Jail with no bond.
They’re both scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, Jan.7.
- Part of Route 9 southbound in Middletown closed due to a multi-vehicle accident
- Walter Mondale, Carter’s vice president, dies at 93
- New Haven Symphony Orchestra’s spring concert tickets are now on sale
- Elephants kill suspected poacher at South African national park
- Couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years