Fallen tree limb strikes propane pipe, causes leak at Litchfield Woods Health Care Center

News
fire engine generic.jpg

TORRINGTON, Conn. (WTNH) — The Torrington Fire Department were dispatched to Roberts Street early Thursday morning for a reported propane leak.

According to officials, firefighters responded to the Litchfield Woods Health Care Center on 255 Roberts Street for a propane leak at 1:38 a.m. Thursday.

First responders say a fallen tree limb breaking a propane service pipe was the cause for the leak.

Patients and staff were relocated to safety. Torrington fire crews located and shut down the control mechanisms to stop the leak.

Repairs are currently in the completion process and the facility is operational. The scene was cleared at 2:48 a.m.

All of this occurred during a heavy storm ripping through Connecticut late Wednesday into early Thursday.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Litchfield

Watertown mother filed a complaint, claims her son with Autism was told he couldn't participate in school cross country team due to 'safety risks'

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Watertown mother filed a complaint, claims her son with Autism was told he couldn't participate in school cross country team due to 'safety risks'"

One-of-a-kind home in Winsted serves residents who are deaf

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "One-of-a-kind home in Winsted serves residents who are deaf"

Lightning strike ignites fire at garage in Litchfield, causes fires in Tolland and Southington

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Lightning strike ignites fire at garage in Litchfield, causes fires in Tolland and Southington"

WEB EXTRA: View from firefighters helmet camera in Litchfield garage fire

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "WEB EXTRA: View from firefighters helmet camera in Litchfield garage fire"
More Litchfield

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss