Fire destroys East Hampton home

News

EAST HAMPTON, Conn. (WTNH)–A family in East Hampton is lucky to be alive after a fire destroyed their home. It happened around 2:39 a.m. Saturday morning on 22 Knowles Road in East Hampton.

Five people are alive because there was a working smoke detector in the home. No one was injured.

“Smoke detectors save lives,” said Richard Klotzbier, East Hampton Fire Marshal.

“Always have CO2 detectors and smoke detectors,” said contractor Cory Bjork.

One of the survivors was too shaken to speak with News 8 on camera, but says she is staying at a nearby home.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Wesleyan University to require COVID vaccine for all students for fall 2021 semester

News /

Car crash into pole closes Route 82 in East Haddam

News /

'You’re doing more harm than good': Domestic ducks abandoned in Middletown park now in safe care

News /

Crews battle overnight structure fire in East Haddam

News /

Middletown announces plans for annual Fireworks Festival

News /

Easter Bunny gets second COVID shot in Old Saybrook ahead of holiday

News /
More Middlesex

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss