Hamden gym evacuated due to smell of natural gas

News

HAMDEN, Conn. (WTNH)–A gym in Hamden was evacuated on Thursday after patrons said they could smell natural gas.

The Edge Fitness was evacuated around 2:30 p.m. Hamden Fire Department crews were called to the scene to investigate. Meters used to determine natural gas levels in the area reported nothing measurable, according to Gary Merwede of Hamden Fire.

Officials do not know yet exactly where the smell was coming from.

News 8 will update this story with any further information as soon as it becomes available.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

East Haven man with cancer holds out hope as United Illuminating gets to work with national guard

News /

Meet Keith Churchwell, MD, Yale New Haven Hospital's new president

News /

Kitten found stuck in car engine bay in Hamden rescued

News /

RWA providing filling stations for those without running water amid Isaias recovery

News /

Cheshire High School changes graduation ceremony plans after some test positive for Covid-19

News /

Police investigating fatal shooting of 8-year-old New Haven boy as accidental

News /
More New Haven

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss