(CNN) — The CDC has released new preliminary data about the impact of the current flu season.
The agency estimates that — between October and the end of January — there were between 19-and 26-million flu-related illnesses in the US and up to 25,000 deaths.
The CDC has a couple of warnings about this data.
It’s preliminary and there may be even more cases.
Also, these are estimated ranges that were calculated using weekly surveillance data along with data from prior seasons.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Epsilon may become a hurricane near Bermuda
- Car stolen with dog inside leads to social media hunt and rescue on interstate
- Netflix previews Chadwick Boseman’s final performance in ‘Ma Rainey’
- ‘I was so scared’: Pumpkin thrown off overpass smashes through student’s windshield
- Good grief! ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ no longer on TV