ABC News - A lot of us love to travel abroad - some travel to other countries as a part of their job.
But just how common is it? The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that each year 4.8 million Americans travel overseas for business.
Researchers say it is best to see a doctor before you leave - they will review specific recommendations regarding vaccines and medications depending on the country to which you are traveling.
Here's another tip - minimize jet lag by shifting your sleep cycle a few days before you leave, staying hydrated, and sleeping on the long flight.
During your trip, manage your stress by eating healthy meals, exercising regularly, and avoiding alcohol.
Don't forget to talk to your family and friends you have left behind!
And if you get sick when you return, contact your doctor and mention that you just got back from a trip.
- Middlebury Quassy Amusement Park is giving free rides to preschoolers
- Samsung Galaxy Fold phones reportedly breaking
- Food stamp recipients can now order groceries through Amazon, Walmart
- Ways to stay active in the office
- NYC Parents fined for not vaccinating children
- Report: CT lost over 3,000 jobs in first three months of 2019
- Bill to let students to self-apply sunscreen bill advances
- NOAA: March 2019 was second-hottest on record
- Rain and melting snow contributes to Connecticut River flooding
- Connecticut receives total of $1 million in federal aid from 2018 storms, tornadoes
- New Haven's cherry blossoms will be at full peak by the end of April
- 6 states under blizzard warnings as residents prepare for April snow storm
- Start working now on getting a green lawn this year
- Crews around Connecticut battle flames in heart of brush fire season
Dozens of protesters are gathering Friday night to protest against the...Read More »
Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury is entering its 111th season of operation...Read More »
NEW YORK (AP) - Three months ago, this flu season was shaping up to be short...Read More »
Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury is entering its 111th season of operation and is offering free rides for preschoolers on Sunday, May 19th.Read More »