TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
MORE TOP STORIES:
- Hallmark Channel releases Christmas-themed wines
- New Haven Police investigating several shootings that occurred over the past 24 hours
- Kelly Preston, actress and wife of John Travolta, dies at 57
- Official: Photo helps in search for missing “Glee” actress
- Stretch Your Dollar: Taxes are due this week!