BURLINGTON, Conn. (WTNH) — Route 4 in Burlington was closed at Mountain Spring Road Saturday night due to a serious crash that injured six and killed one.
According to police, the crash involved two vehicles. One car had three occupants, the other had four occupants. Six people were injured in the crash, and one was killed.
LifeStar responded to the incident with two helicopters.
The injured include:
- Arthur Milano, 70, driver, possibly sustained injury, taken to Saint Francis Hospital
- Yulian Tang, 56, front-seat passenger in Milano’s vehicle, sustained possible injury, transported to Hartford Hospital
- Xiaoli Ding, 54, back seat passenger in Milano’s vehicle, sustained serious injury, transported to Saint Francis Hospital
- Matthew Raymond Decker, 33, driver, sustained no apparent injury, transported to UConn Hospital
- Krystal L Decker, 32, front-seat passenger, possible injury, transported by LifeStar to UConn Hospital
- John M. Corrado, 37, back seat passenger, suspected serious injury, transported by LifeStar to Hartford Hospital
- Denise Marie Decker, 55, back seat passenger, fatal injury, pronounced dead on the scene
According to police, the two vehicles were traveling in opposite directions on Route 4 when Vehicle #2 swerved into the oncoming lane and collided with Vehicle #1.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.