Lightning causes fire at Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford

News

WALLINGFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — A fire was sparked at Choate Rosemary Hall around 6:20 p.m. after severe thunderstorms moved through the state.

The roof of Hill House was struck by lightning in the storm.

Students residing in Hill House, the adjoining library, Hall and West Wing buildings were evacuated to the Worthington Johnson Athletic Center.

All students are safe and accounted for at this time.

Wallingford Police and Fire Departments are on the scene.

This is a breaking news story, details are developing.

==

Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream newscasts live and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

Search for missing Ansonia baby continues, wake for slain mother to be held

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Search for missing Ansonia baby continues, wake for slain mother to be held"

Hamden officer accused of shooting at unarmed couple due in court

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Hamden officer accused of shooting at unarmed couple due in court"

Suspicious substance found at Yale New Haven Hospital determined to be safe

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Suspicious substance found at Yale New Haven Hospital determined to be safe"

Wilbur Cross High School students hold rally for classmate facing deportation

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Wilbur Cross High School students hold rally for classmate facing deportation"

Branford to ban all single-use plastic bags by Dec. 12

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Branford to ban all single-use plastic bags by Dec. 12"

Police investigate unknown substance found at Yale New Haven Hospital

News /
Thumbnail for the video titled "Police investigate unknown substance found at Yale New Haven Hospital"
More New Haven

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss