National Health Service warns about eating old, uncooked rice

News

A lot of us have rice in our dinner line-up, but we have a warning to be careful with your leftovers. 

The National Health Service, which is England’s version of the FDA, says eating old rice can give you food poisoning. 

It’s because uncooked rice can often contain bacteria spores and they survive even when it’s cooked.

The bacteria multiplies the longer it sits at room temperature. 

Experts say you don’t have to give up rice, just stick your leftovers in the fridge and eat it soon after. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss