GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- Newsfeed Now: Second stimulus check?; 4-year-old gets garbage-themed birthday party
- Industrial Heater Corp. in Cheshire manufactures 50,000 nose clips for masks during pandemic
- Big East conference limits fall sports to conference games only; UConn football not impacted
- Merrill says all CT towns, cities eligible for Safe Poll Plan grants
- 33-year-old tech CEO found dismembered in luxury NYC condo