GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- 2 shot in the arm in Bridgeport
- Mom turns unused closet into blinged-out ‘homework room’ for daughters
- Ford recalls big pickups; tailgates can open unexpectedly
- Woman stabbed at Stonington home dies day after police arrest suspect
- Instead of presents, Springfield boy wants supplies to give homeless for Christmas