GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- Preschoolers learning the importance of charity in New Haven
- Sen. Blumenthal calls out Trump for reneging on promise to ban flavored e-cigs
- Bill would help provide therapy dogs to vets
- Woman accused of stabbing person with screwdriver weeks after threatening to ‘shoot up’ Middlesex Hospital, police say
- US officials: Don’t eat romaine grown in Salinas, California