(WTNH/WFLA) - Harry Potter fans - new and exciting additions are coming the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in both Universal Studios Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood!
Universal Orlando Resort is giving guests a first-ever look at the magical creatures they’ll encounter in the new Harry Potter coaster, 'Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure'.
The park announced that between Monday, April 15th and Thursday, April 19th guests can visit the Universal Orlando Blog at 11 a.m. EDT to get a first look at the creatures – from familiar fan-favorites in the Harry Potter film series to a creature that’s never been seen in the films – and where they can be found in the new experience.
On the coaster, riders will join Hagrid, a character from the Harry Potter films, on a journey into the Forbidden Forest to discover some of the wizarding world's rarest magical creatures.
Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure will open on June 13th, 2019.
The Dark Arts are also taking over Universal Studios Hollywood! A new nighttime projection show at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter features drones, unique lighting, and, of course, characters from the books.
The show also inlcudes a bit of Hollywood magic, including effects that enhance the storytelling and nighttime park-going experience.
The show is currently only playing in Southern California, but will expand to Universal Studios Orlando soon.
- US News & World Report: Two Connecticut children's hospitals receive high rankings
- Reducing risk of stroke while repairing a blocked artery
- Lamont signs bill increasing Connecticut's smoking age to 21
- Controversial superlative given to student with autism
- Former energy worker stole thousands of dollars from customers who prepaid for heating fuel
- Injured trooper released from Bridgeport Hospital after weekend car collision
- Parents ask court to stop release of vaccination rates
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Rain continues through Tuesday evening
The New London Police Chief gave a big 'thank you' to Hannah Schukei on...Read More »
Yale New Haven Children's Hospital is getting national recognition in the...Read More »
There's an option more doctors are considering to unblock an artery in...Read More »
Class superlatives are supposed to be a fun part of the end of the school...Read More »
A former energy company worker is under arrest and has been accused of...Read More »
The New London Police Chief gave a big 'thank you' to Hannah Schukei for spotting a 2-year-old boy wandering the streets of New London alone at 4 a.m. Monday morning.Read More »
Yale New Haven Children's Hospital is getting national recognition in the latest rankings from US News and World Report.Read More »
A Connecticut college campus that closed in December is up for auction.Read More »