Federal prosecutors say 31-year-old Duhamel Cassagnol, of Milton, was also sentenced Tuesday to five years of probation and ordered to pay more than $13,000 to the victims.
He previously pleaded guilty to charges including sex trafficking by force.
Cassagnol was arrested along with 24-year-old Geneiva Whaley, of Connecticut, in December 2017. She was sentenced in October to a year in prison.
They kept the women addicted, promising heroin only if they generated income. Cassagnol also beat three of the victims and threatened violence against the fourth.
Free download: Access Connecticut breaking news, weather, stream live newscasts and more on-the-go with News 8 alerts directly to your phone
Police: Store shooting took place after
Target: Shoppers unable to make...
- Connecticut National Guard members returning from deployment
- Middletown holds first ever Pride parade
- Hartford PD hosts gun buyback event
- Search for possible drowning victim in Connecticut River being suspended
- Hartford: Firefighters respond to residential fire on Capen Street
- UPDATE: Target registers back online after system shuts down nationwide
- Flights resume at Newark Airport after United flight skids off runway
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Lots of clouds, scattered showers for Father's Day weekend
Members of the Connecticut Army National Guard are coming home from...Read More »
The search for a possible drowning victim in the Connecticut River is being...Read More »