(WBTW) - National Rubber Ducky day was Sunday and is observed every January 13.
The fan favorite bathtub toy was inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame in 2013.
Related Content: Yucky ducky? Study reveals bath-time friends' dirty secret
According to the Toy Hall of Fame, the earliest rubber ducks were meant to be chew toys and didn't float at all. The earliest patent for a rubber duck was issued in 1928.
By the 1940s the floating, bright yellow toy ducks we're all fond of had become commonplace.
- Woman found asleep at wheel by police arrested on OUI charge in Plainfield
- Newington police investigating stabbing assault, two stab victims hospitalized
- Experts to review how Boeing 737 Max Jet flight control system was approved by FAA
- BREAKING: Police confirm officer involved shooting in Wethersfield
- 20th anniversary of Columbine school shooting
- New Haven firefighters deliver donated candy from Stop & Shop to local community
- 10th anniversary of New Haven firefighter's death remembered
- Hurricane Michael upgraded to Category 5
- NOAA: March 2019 was second-hottest on record
- Rain and melting snow contributes to Connecticut River flooding
- Connecticut receives total of $1 million in federal aid from 2018 storms, tornadoes
- New Haven's cherry blossoms will be at full peak by the end of April
- 6 states under blizzard warnings as residents prepare for April snow storm
- Start working now on getting a green lawn this year
On Saturday evening at 8:20 p.m. North Haven Police responded to Bailey Road...Read More »
On Saturday at approximately 5:34 p.m., Plainfield Police Officers were...Read More »
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Newington police responded to a call at a restaurant for a stabbing assault...Read More »
The Yale football team has a ton of history in the Elm City, but this...Read More »