(ABC News) - While we’re all cozying up by a heater and complaining about the cold temperatures on social media, 82-year-old Marlene Fisher Downing is out with her snow blower in freezing Muskegon, Michigan.
A photo of her outside clearing her neighbor’s driveway went viral this week. In it, she seems totally in her element, and isn't even wearing a hat.
“Some people think I’m crazy,” Downing told “GMA.”
Downing grew up in North Dakota and said she is used to the freezing cold. “No point in being inside. I love being outside in all seasons,” she said.
The snowblower reminds the fierce grandma of her Harley Davidson motorcycle, which she still rides when the weather is warmer.
Downing thinks it’s funny that people across the internet are making such a fuss about her snow blowing, but she’s not judging the rest of us for hibernating.
“Everyone just stay warm, and do their own thing,” she said.
- More than 1,500 attend vigil for Aurora shooting victims
- Fire breaks out in Middletown home
- 3 hospitalized in West Hartford after carbon monoxide exposure
- Monday is National Drink Wine Day!
- Bette Midler to perform at Oscars
- Sen. Blumenthal to unveil new bill to prevent animal cruelty
- Brothers tell police 'Empire' actor Jussie Smollett paid them to orchestrate and stage attack
You know, it seems like such a no-brainer after a storm. You go outside, you shovel the driveway and sidewalk and, finally, you clear your car of snow and ice. Unfortunately, that's not always the case.Read More »
- Report-It Recap: Connecticut cleans up from Tuesday snow storm
- Monitoring the roads on Tuesday evening in one of our Storm Team 8 Mobile Weather Labs
- Crews in North Haven ready for winter weather on Tuesday
- Cities, towns around state preparing for another winter storm
- Connecticut cities and towns prepare for Tuesday's winter storm
- 2018 was 4th warmest, but next 5 years could break records
- Snow/sleet/rain mix to kick off work week
Three people are recovering after being exposed to high levels of carbon...Read More »
It's a slick ride if you're heading out on the roads this Monday morning.Read More »
Police in Naugatuck are launching an internal affairs investigation regarding...Read More »
A Connecticut State Trooper and Colebrook residents came together to corral a...Read More »
Major U.S. airlines say they will soon change their ticketing process to give passengers the option of identifying themselves as other than male or female.Read More »
More than 1,500 people braved snow and freezing drizzle to attend a prayer vigil for five slain co-workers Sunday, two days after they were fatally shot at a suburban Chicago manufacturing plant by a longtime employee who was fired moments earlier.Read More »
A Connecticut State Trooper and Colebrook residents came together to corral a wandering pig on Saturday evening.Read More »