NEW HAVEN, Conn. (WTNH)--New Haven boxer Luis Rosa Jr. has another big fight coming up. This one's the biggest of his pro career.
Rosa, who is still undefeated, will be fighting for the WBC Intercontinental championship. Winning would be a huge step for him, he'd be closer to fighting for a world championship, and inside the Top 10 in the rankings.
Rosa says he's training hard to face southpaw Yuandale Evans. The fight is in Cleveland, Evans' hometown.
Rosa says Evans may have the crowd behind him, but he's okay fighting in enemy territory.
"It's different fighting in somebody else's hometown, but at the end of the day it's his hometown but it's my ring and I'll show that that night," Rosa said.
"This is the biggest fight of my career, this is where we want to be. This is what it's going to take us to reach our dreams, our goals, and it's just showing us that we're here."
Snake appears in VB man's toilet
Baby delivered in Chick-Fil-A
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baby delivered in Chick-Fil-A bathroom gets free food for life
- Weather Service confirms tornado hit central Indiana Friday
- He just graduated from college and wants to be an astrophysicist. Oh, and he's 11
- AncestryDNA kit helps reunite woman with biological parents
- Event held in Newtown on Sunday to help veterans
- 3 people drown in rip currents at North Carolina beaches
- Ailing auto CEO Marchionne had multiple roles, no script
News 8 was crisscrossing the state since the storms began early Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Storms cause travel nightmare for thousands across the East Coast
- Tuesday thunderstorms cause damage, knock out power around Connecticut
- Report-It Photo Gallery: July 17, 2018 Thunderstorms
- Tuesday storm knocks out power for hundreds across Connecticut
- Off and on rain, thundershowers expected Sunday night
- Showers, downpours possible Sunday evening
- How to escape a rip current
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Manchester police are looking for two people after a police standoff took...Read More »
Attorneys for a Connecticut city where a 16-year-old girl was stabbed to...Read More »
A Connecticut man has been charged with threatening pedestrians with a handgun.Read More »
When police officers aren't serving and protecting, they are singing and...Read More »
The National Weather Service says a survey team has confirmed that a tornado touched down Friday in central Indiana's Madison County, destroying a barn.Read More »
He can't vote. He's not even old enough to drive. But William Maillis already has a college degree.Read More »