One hospitalized after fire in North Branford

News

BRANFORD, Conn. (WTNH) — An elderly woman was hospitalized Saturday afternoon after she was rescued from a burning home in North Branford.

According to the North Branford Fire Chief, the fire occurred at a wooden raised ranch in the Northford neighborhood at 398 Village Street.

Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy fire in the basement and first floor.

First responders located an unconscious elderly woman in the basement who was removed through a basement window.

After being transported to Yale New Haven Hospital, the woman regained consciousness.

Officials reported significant damage to the home but no other injuries.

The fire is currently under investigation by the North Branford Fire Marshal.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

New Haven

Elderly woman injured after crashing car into East Haven building

News /

Stony Creek granite chosen to help create pedestrian, bike-friendly street improvements in New Haven

News /

Concerns over more kids testing positive for COVID-19 with school just around the corner

News /

FULL INTERVIEW: Dr. Juthani discusses more kids contracting and spreading COVID-19

News /

Power outage in Middlebury causes severe problems for people with special needs, medical issues

News /

17-month-old girl in critical condition after drug overdose in New Haven

News /
More New Haven

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss