BLOOMFIELD, Conn. (WTNH) - Police have confirmed that the serious car crash in Bloomfield included five motor vehicles. Police were dispatched at 7:20 p.m. to the area of Simsbury Road and Penwood Road for the accident.
According to police, one driver, a 70-year old man from Bloomfield was transported to Saint Francis Hospital with life threatening injuries and was pronounced dead upon arrival.
Two other drivers suffered non-life threatening injuries and were transported to Saint Francis Hospital as well.
Police say Simsbury Road is closed between Penwood Road and West Street.
Route 185 is closed in Simsbury from East Weatogue St. into the Town of Bloomfield due to a serious car crash in Bloomfield. Seek another route. It is expected to be closed for several hours.— Simsbury Police (@Simsbury_Police) January 18, 2019
Police say to use alternate routes. They expect the road to be closed for several hours.
- Motorcycle accidents in Haddam and Cromwell under investigation
- Connecticut National Guard members returning from deployment
- Middletown holds first ever Pride parade
- Hartford PD hosts gun buyback event
- Search for possible drowning victim in Connecticut River to resume Sunday morning
- Hartford: Firefighters respond to residential fire on Capen Street
- UPDATE: Target registers back online after system shuts down nationwide
Ash trees and oak trees are becoming more and more scarce across the state of Connecticut all because of the invasive Emerald Ash Borer and Gypsy Moths.Read More »
- Eye on the Storm - Hurricane season by the experts
- Jupiter will get so close to Earth this month that the planet and its largest moons will be visible
- The science behind studying mosquitoes this season
- Safety dos and don'ts of handling a tornado outbreak
- Preparing for Hurricane Season
- After several quiet years, tornadoes erupt in United States
- Damp, but not a Drencher For Father's Day
Connecticut State Police are investigating after a State Police cruiser was...Read More »
Two motorcycle accidents on Saturday night are being investigated by police.Read More »
Members of the Connecticut Army National Guard are coming home from...Read More »