(ABC News) - Special counsel Robert Mueller and his team of prosecutors are in the process of writing a final report on the nearly 18-month long investigation into Russian meddling during the 2016 election, sources tell ABC News.
The timing for when a final report would be submitted by the special counsel’s office is still unclear, and sources say there is also no clear timeline for when Mueller will wrap his investigation.
Meanwhile, President Donald Trump’s legal team has begun working with the president to craft responses to questions from Mueller’s team as part of their investigation, sources close to Trump told ABC. The nearly year and a half long investigation by the special counsel stems from allegations of Russia coordinating with members of the Trump presidential campaign.
Related Content: Acting attorney general has questioned Mueller investigation
Mueller’s team effectively worked behind closed doors in the months leading up to the 2018 midterms, taking little to no action publicly.
The special counsel’s office upheld a long-standing Justice Department guideline that calls for discretion in taking legal or law enforcement measures within 60 days of an election in an effort to avoid the impression of attempting to sway voters.
Over the course of his investigation thus far, Mueller and his team of prosecutors indicted 32 individuals and three Russian businesses on charges ranging from computer hacking to conspiracy and financial crimes.
Those indictments have led to six guilty pleas and three people sentenced to prison. Four former Trump campaign officials – including his onetime national security adviser Michael Flynn and campaign chairman Paul Manafort – are among those who have pleaded guilty.
- Hamden PD: 2 teens found sleeping in car arrested with crack
- Destination Location: News 8 Visits Waterbury
- Democratic senators sue over Whitaker's appointment as AG
- Rain could hinder search for victims of California wildfire
- ‘You don't go to jail for lying on TV': GoFundMe scam suspect allegedly says in bombshell recording
- Amazon to start delivering fresh, full-sized Christmas trees
- PD: Woman turns herself in after shoplifting from East Haven Stop & Shop
Thursday's snowstorm created havoc for commuters and Connecticut State Troopers.Read More »
- Rain/snow mix to move out by midday Monday
- Wet snow makes for slippery sidewalks, difficult shoveling
- Winter storm leaves slippery road conditions
- Windy and cold Friday afternoon, sunny weekend ahead
- Connecticut experiences first snowfall of the season!
- Drivers stranded on Connecticut highways as winter storm continues
- Wintry weather coats roads across Connecticut with snow
Two teens were arrested on drug charges in Hamden after they were allegedly...Read More »
A woman who was allegedly caught on camera shoplifting from an East Haven...Read More »
Police are investigating after a 30-year-old man was shot and killed in East...Read More »
News 8 spoke with a woman at the V.I.P. apartments who described escaping the fire on Canton Street.Read More »
Some residents in an Canton Street apartment complex have been displaced following a fire Monday morning.Read More »