According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), pints of Chunky Monkey and bulk packages of Coconut Seven Layer Bars were found to be potentially contaminated with almonds, Brazil nuts, and hazelnuts. The manufacturer said the error was discovered during production and linked back to an error from its supplier, which has since been remedied.
Consumption of the affected products by someone with an allergy or severe sensitivity to tree nuts could lead to a serious or possibly life-threatening allergic reaction.
No illnesses have been reported to date, the FDA says, and the recall was issued out of an abundance of caution.
The recalled products were distributed and sold nationwide. The Chunky Monkey was sold in pint-sized tubs with UPC 076840100354 and "best by" dates of AUG2820BH2, AUG2920BH2, and AUG3020BH2. The Coconut Seven Layer Bars were sold in 2.4-gallon tubs with UPC 076840104246 and a "best by" date of SEP1520BJ4.
No other Ben & Jerry's products are included in the recall.
Consumers are advised to refrain from eating the affected products and call 833-236-1237 for more information.
- Ridgefield officials no longer looking to press charges after baseball field fire
- Case on fatal officer-involved shooting in Wethersfield assigned to Hartford State's Attorney
- Police searching for man who robbed Subway in Norwich
- Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, transferred to federal penitentiary
- Hamden police looking for an armed man who robbed a Dunkin' cafe
- Feds: Ex-CEO is first drug exec indicted in opioid crisis
- AP source: Biden to announce 2020 bid on Thursday
- Hurricane Michael upgraded to Category 5
- NOAA: March 2019 was second-hottest on record
- Rain and melting snow contributes to Connecticut River flooding
- Connecticut receives total of $1 million in federal aid from 2018 storms, tornadoes
- New Haven's cherry blossoms will be at full peak by the end of April
- 6 states under blizzard warnings as residents prepare for April snow storm
- Start working now on getting a green lawn this year
Remember the video from Ridgefield where someone set the baseball field on...Read More »
A fatal officer-involved shooting in Wethersfield will be investigated by the...Read More »
Norwich police are looking for an armed man who displayed a handgun and...Read More »
Hamden Police responded to a robbery at the Dunkin' on 1950 State Street on...Read More »
Hartford Superior Court reports the man who shot a person holding a hatchet...Read More »
Nearly two decades ago, the measles was declared eliminated in the United States.Read More »
Connecticut municipal leaders say they've eliminated town hall positions and reduced overtime, education spending, library services and road paving to cut expenses.Read More »
A new, clearer piece of video obtained by News 8 appears to show Paul Witherspoon being shot at by police while his hands were in the air.Read More »