Massachusetts home destroyed in blaze

Regional News

A fire at a home in Massachusetts is being blamed on spontaneous combustion.

Officials say the Saugus home was destroyed in the blaze.

Related Content: Boston firefighters battle massive blaze in brutal cold

It happened while the family was away on vacation.

Fire officials say the fire was caused by the spontaneous combustion of rags being used to stain the back deck.

Related Content: Almost 70 people displaced in 3 apartment fires

Damages to the residence are estimated at $750,000.

Thankfully, no injuries from the incident were reported.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss