(WTNH) — State Parks across Connecticut have become busier as the state’s Phase 2 reopened earlier this summer. With social distancing guidelines in place, DEEP has reduced the parking lot capacity at most of its State Parks.
The hot weather this weekend is bringing people out to state parks and beaches to enjoy the summer. As such, the following parks have closed due to reaching full capacity:
- Quaddick State Park (Thompson)
- Gardner Lake State Park (Salem)
- Scantic River State Park, (Powder Hollow, Enfield)
- Silver Sands State Park (Milford)
- Sherwood Island State Park (Westport)
- Bigelow Hollow State Park (Union)
- Coventry Lake State Boat Launch (Voluntown)
- Mount Tom State Park (Litchfield)
- Millers Pond State Park (Haddam)
- Rocky Neck State Park (East Lyme)
For the latest closings: https://bit.ly/CTSTATEPARKStwitter.